Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Roundman's Smokehouse

Don't be a wiener.  Step inside!


Roundman's Smokehouse
412 N. Main Street
Fort Bragg, CA
Roundman's Smokehouse on Urbanspoon

Roundman's claims they'll smoke anything; in this case, they're referring to meat, fish and cheese as advertised on the signage outside of their Fort Bragg shop.

I can't recall where I read about it, but I came specifically seeking out their Bacon Sausage.  Bacon Sausage?  Sounded like the best of both worlds would soon be converging inside this girl's mouth!  I ordered a few to throw into my cooler as I was about to embark upon my ride back home.

Days later, I took the links out of their butcher paper and fried them up, salivating over the aromas of sausage...and bacon.  The texture confused my palate as I tasted bacon, without the familiar crunch, but with the chewiness of a good, hearty sausage.  I pondered the juxtaposition of flavors and textures, then realized I shouldn't be thinking so hard on a Sunday morning.

Moments later, the last of my Mendocino County souvenirs were gone.