Monday, March 11, 2013

Loree's Little Shack

Small in size, big on entertainment!

Loree's Little Shack
4835 Pacific Street
Rocklin, CA
Loree's Little Shack on Urbanspoon

Sometimes my GPS fails me.  I search for the closest taqueria only to find it's closed that day, out of business, etc.  That's what happened twice before I came across Loree's.

I parked out back in the gravel lot and chuckled at the permanent "Free Beer Tomorrow" sign as I walked in.

Loree's is half dive bar, half old-school restaurant with truck-stop style comfort food.  A couple of locals were at the bar, already hammered at 9:15 in the morning.  One guy said he "only had to win two more tournaments to become a millionaire in the World Series of Poker".  Sheer entertainment.

The food took longer than expected even though there was only a family of four and a couple who ordered before me.  But, I passed the time checking out the large collection of kitschy items hanging all over the walls and ceilings surrounding me.

To satisfy my ever-present tortilla craving, I ordered the 2 Taco Scramble. Two grilled tortillas were filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, melting cheese, crisp lettuce and juicy tomato, dusted with parmesan, and accompanied by a side of piping-hot home fries.  Wow!  I would return just for that damn breakfast.

Come here for cheap eats and highly amusing people watching!