Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mee Mee Bakery

I could watch this all day.

Mee Mee Bakery
1328 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA

There seem to be a jillion bakeries in San Francisco, half of which are located in Chinatown; therefore, your fortune cookies must be infinitely better than most if I'm gonna write home about them.

Chinese bakeries typically offer a mixed bag of sweets: buns, cookies, etc.  But only at Mee Mee's have I found actual mixed bags...of fortune cookies!  I grabbed a huge neapolitan mix of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate, a steal at four bucks.  After sampling each of them, I would have paid twice as much.

A variety of other traditional cookies, breads and pastries round out the offerings.  They also create giant fortune cookies, perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, or very polite break-ups.  Sweet!