Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Angelina's Spaghetti House

The entrance...to heaven.

Angelina's Spaghetti House
1563 E. Fremont Street
Stockton, CA
Angelinas Spaghetti House on Urbanspoon

Ah, Angelina's.  A staple of my youth.  A staple of my adulthood.  And eventually, a staple of my twilight years.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.  I'm only 30-ish, for crying out loud!

At Angelina's, you'll start by eating a couple loaves of complimentary garlic bread - on your own.  Believe it!

Their salad bar is the standard by which I compare all others.  Greens are always crisp, mushrooms and red onions are always fresh, and they never run out of bleu cheese dressing.  On Fridays, they add bay shrimp and imitation crabmeat to the salad bar.  It is damn good.

The Friday lunch buffet is the best deal around.  I always, always, always get the Fettucine Alfredo because it's the best I've ever had. Seriously!  The Lasagna and Ravioli are pretty spectacular as well.

The next time I'm there I want to meet the owner or head chef just to tell him/her how happy he/she has made me over the years.  Is that too stalker-ish?