Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bartels Giant Burger

No, it's NOT a gas station!

Bartels Giant Burger
22355 Corning Road
Corning, CA

It was by sheer coincidence that I stumbled upon this place.  I was actually heading south on I-5 and exited intending to head over to the Olive Pit because of their 327 billboard ads I had seen in the last 3 miles. But who can pass up an inconspicuous roadside burger joint?  Not this girl.


I could tell Bartels is probably packed at lunchtime and on weekends with their no-nonsense burgers, fries and shakes.  They asked me how I wanted my burger (surprising when it comes to $3.95 burgers)...and when I said "still mooing", they obliged.


Crisp lettuce and extra onions and tomatoes topped a bloody patty, just like I asked for. This is my new favorite place!  I'll be coming here every time I pass through Corning, wherever the heck that is...