Monday, August 19, 2013

Mama's Pho & Sandwiches


Who cares if it's 100 degrees outside?  I want this NOW.


Mama's Pho & Sandwiches
8014 North Lower Sacramento Road
Stockton, CA
Mama's Pho & Sandwhiches on Urbanspoon

Mama's Pho took my Banh Mi virginity.

I ordered the Grilled Pork Banh Mi, expecting to call it a day after that. However, after glancing at the $2.50 price tag, I decided on a SMALL bowl of Beef Ball Pho as backup.  I mean, I couldn't possibly be satisfied on $2.50, right?  Right?

Wrong.

The sandwich arrived, chock full of pork, jalapenos, and a bunch of other things I didn't spend long enough bothering to identify before shoving that baguette into my gullet.  Mmmmmmm....another bite....mmmmm!!  Oh, snap!  There's my bowl of soup.

Uh-oh.

$4.95 gets you a rather decent size bowl of pho and all the accoutrements you can handle.  Hearty meatballs in a rich broth, covered with bean sprouts, were calling my name.  I figured I'd work on the lake of soup, then get back to the sandwich.

You can imagine how that panned out.  Doggy bag, please!

I took most of the sandwich home, devoured it for dinner, then pondered why I waited over three decades to try Vietnamese food for the first time.  What a loser.


No comments:

Post a Comment