Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jacob's Produce

Stop here if you know what's good for you!

Jacob's Produce
10954 E. Highway 120
Manteca, CA

Roadside fruit and veggie stands are some of my favorite things about California.

I would have passed Jacob's completely had it not been for the cars and trucks out front that caught my eye.  I couldn't resist stopping after spotting mounds of vibrant, fresh produce.

I started grabbing and filling bags as if it were some kind of ridiculous contest a la "Supermarket Sweep". A few apricots here, two avocados there, a bunch of bananas, a netted bag of garlic, and several red potatoes.  I must have looked like a loon to the young lady behind the register...

Grand total?  Six bucks and change.  What a steal!  Supermarkets can't even come close to that quality for the price.  Be a peach. Support your local growers!