Friday, March 2, 2012

Capitol Garage

All other Eggs Benedict dishes should BOW DOWN.


Capitol Garage
1500 K Street
Sacramento, CA
Capitol Garage on Urbanspoon

I won a $25 gift card to Capitol Garage because a local newspaper thought one of my article comments was awesome.  That's right.

I'd heard about their benedicts, and I was in the mood to make a slimy, runny, yolky mess all over...something.  The Garage Benedict proved memorable, as their spin on this classic included roasted apricots, arugula, pine nuts and creamy, melted brie.  Additionally, it easily passed the OSBPEYT (Official Stacy Barawed Poached Egg Yolk Test) which, to benedict connoisseurs, is more crucial a detail than one might imagine.

A simplistic, yet artfully presented breakfast, earned with the power of my own humble little brain...that's how you kick off a weekend!