Sunday, May 6, 2012

Deb's Great American Hamburgers

Tasty, even when completely sober!


Deb's Great American Hamburgers
3340 Redwood Drive
Redway, CA
Great American Hamburger Co on Urbanspoon

First impression: That's quite an extensive menu on the wall.  Do I want a burger, taco salad, or egg rolls? Apparently Humboldt County residents are pretty specific about their munchies.  I guess being the only diner for miles also lets you get away with charging nearly nine bucks for a Patty Melt.

Twenty minutes later:  This is a pretty f**king good Patty Melt.  I'd pay nine bucks for this again.

Contrary to most online reviews, Deb's isn't swimming in Betty Boop memorabilia.  Sure, there are items on the wall, but it's no Mel's Drive-In or Hard Rock Cafe, for Pete's sake.  Settle down, folks.  I was able to thoroughly enjoy my Patty Melt, juicy and rich with sugary caramelized onions on toasted rye, and wash it down with a creamy shake without feeling like a thousand female Depression-era cartoon faces were staring me down.

Then again, I did not partake in any pre-meal recreational "fun" as was evident by a handful of patrons.