Sunday, April 29, 2012

Solvang Brewing Company

Three for me, none for you!

Solvang Brewing Company
1547 Mission Drive
Solvang, CA
Solvang Brewing Co. on Urbanspoon

Nothing cures an Aebleskiver overdose like some salty logs...am I right, ladies?

After a morning of fudge samples and pastry balls, I needed something savory.  Being a chick obliges me to order mass quantities of cheese any time it's on a menu, so Pretzels with Ale Fondue were in my immediate future.

Melted cheese is good, but combined with beer, it's GREAT.  The perfect foil to chewy soft pretzels rolled in salt, the fondue was rich without making me feel as gluttonous as I should have.  Spicy mustard provided a kick and rounded out this classic bar snack.

I left with the full intent of walking off the last few hours' calories.  Unfortunately, Olsen's Bakery was beckoning me next.  Dammit.