Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Viva Cocolat


Limited time!  Eat now!

Viva Cocolat
110 Petaluma Boulevard N.
Petaluma, CA

Sometimes, chocolate is meant to be shared.  How else would I be able to justify ordering a $20 “fondue experience” immediately following breakfast?

Breakfast consisted of a Bacon and Egg Hand Pie across the street at the Petaluma Pie Company, so I was ready for something sweet.  Fully intending to pick up just a quick piece of chocolate (or two) to round out my morning, my eyeballs were accosted by a blackboard with two words in yellow fluorescent lettering: CHOCOLATE FONDUE.

Attention all chocolate shops: mentioning something is available only on Fridays and Saturdays will pique my interest.  Why?  Because I’m a sucker for marketing.  Case in point: I exclaimed “Sweet! This is available right now!” to my pseudo sister-in-law as I practically sprinted to the counter.  I didn’t have to twist her arm much.  We sat down and attempted to master a peg-jumping game which I assume was strategically placed there to take our minds off the long and arduous 10-minute wait while the fondue was being prepared.


Soon enough, an embarrassingly large platter of dipping items arrived: fresh slices of green apple, strawberries and bananas, angel food cake, marshmallows, Rice Krispie treats, and salty pretzels for a savory kick.  We dunked each into the warm, smooth milk chocolate and kept on dunking.  And dunking.  And licking our lips.  And dunking.  This continued until we were scraping the bottom of the fondue cup, realizing it was only 11:30 in the morning.


I felt customers staring at us while we sat back and rubbed our bellies.  I didn’t care.   The blackboard clearly stated this treat is only offered two days a week.  Why would I be silly enough to pass that up?

No comments:

Post a Comment