Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant


Look familiar?
Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant
24505 West Dorris Avenue
Coalinga, CA

You see them for miles before catching your first glimpse of the restaurant: cows.  Lots of cows.  I’m talking thousands upon thousands of cows.

Let’s face it: travelling up and down Interstate 5 can become a little boring at times.  Harris Ranch is a nice break from boring.

Harris Ranch supplies grocery stores and restaurants with some of the tastiest beef around.  You can try it for yourself here at the Harris Ranch Restaurant, pick out your own steaks inside of the Country Store, or grab a few on your next visit to your grocer.

I made the unfortunate mistake of scarfing down a huge breakfast before hopping on the 5 this particular morning, so my digestive track was still in full effect as I pulled up to the ranch to stretch my legs.  Lucky for me, however, I’m never too full for sweets, and I located a bakery case in the Country Store chock full of fresh-baked cookies.


Life often presents difficult decisions: White Chocolate Macadamia or Toffee?  Snickerdoodles or Macaroons?  I pulled out a twenty-dollar bill and realized I didn’t have to choose!  I bought them all!  I figured I’d munch on one now and save the rest for the long drive home.

Well, you can guess how that turned out.  Fresh-baked cookies are almost always amazing.  These were tender, chewy, and not at all skimpy on the ingredients.  Thirty minutes later all four cookies had vanished.  I figured it was my reward for sparing a cow that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment