Monday, September 23, 2013

Berry Patch Restaurant


Berry good BBQ here!



Berry Patch Restaurant
900 Newville Road
Orland, CA
Berry Patch Restaurant on Urbanspoon

I pulled up to the restaurant, and not one berry patch in sight!  I did notice a rather strong scent of barbecue smoke wafting my way, however, a good sign considering I was still inside my vehicle.

I’m going to pretend that all of the stares I got as I walked in were the locals’ way of welcoming me and not because I was a female dining solo.  Additionally, I’m going to pretend that the continued stares were the result of other diners’ attempts to telepathically suggest what to order for lunch.

I had one craving today: MEAT!  Lots of it!  With as few accompanying carbs as possible, thank you.  I settled on the Bar-B-Q Pork Sandwich, justifying the sandwich roll solely as the means to transport meat into my piehole.

Moments later, it arrived.  A toasted, sturdy roll was piled high with ten to twelve slices of smoky, fork-tender slices of pork, with just enough sauce for moisture.  No other condiments or toppings were needed.  A toothpick held the monstrosity together.  The small side dish of cole slaw went completely ignored.

If only I could have gone ignored!  I felt a few eyes on me as I scarfed down that delectable sandwich.  Did they think I was going to dine and dash?  While waiting for a to-go box for the second half of my sandwich, I grabbed my purse and made my way to the ladies room to see their reactions.  They were nonplussed.  The mystery remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment