Monday, April 22, 2013

Webster's Country Burger Drive-In



I told you so!
Webster's Country Burger Drive-In
18737 E. Highway 88
Clements, CA
Webster's Country Burger Drive on Urbanspoon

My mom and I were surrounded by cocks the moment we got out of my car.  Really, we were!  Several roosters and chickens were taking shade in some brush in the corner of the parking lot.  Get your mind out of the gutter.

Webster’s is a true roadside joint in every sense.  Pull up, order at the window, grab a table and ask your stomach to stop grumbling while you wait for your food.

A wide variety of burgers, dogs and chicken are available, alongside salads and kiddie treats like grilled cheese and PB&J.  I chose the Ranch Burger, with two beef patties on a French roll with all the fixings.

Great choice.  Juicy beef with crisp lettuce, red onion, and sweet tomatoes slathered with their house sauce on a sturdy, chewy roll.  No clue what’s in the sauce, reminiscent of Thousand Island dressing, but it was amazing and I made sure not to waste a drop.

Completely sated, my mother and I headed out to the next culinary destination. After a few more cock jokes, of course.