Monday, October 28, 2013

Vallejo's Restaurant


Dinner tonight (and lunch tomorrow).


Vallejo's Restaurant
1900 4th Street
Sacramento, CA
Vallejo's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

When I arrived for dinner on Friday, a server was carrying a Thanksgiving-sized platter of SOMETHING to a table for two.

And that was just one person's entree.

Instantly, I liked the place.  And I hadn't even glanced at the menu yet.

Entrees of gargantuan proportions are served here.  The prices are amazing, especially since you are almost guaranteed to bring home leftovers.  The quality?  Outstanding.  You can tell a lot of time and effort goes into this food.

I was so preoccupied with a neighboring table of ten's veritable feast that I forgot why I came...to eat!  And once I saw Mole Con Pollo on the menu, I was sold.

HOLY CRAP.  I had finally found a restaurant who makes mole as good as the mole I've had in Mexico.  Such complex layering of flavors is a true skill.  Giant chunks of chicken were swimming in a delicious, dark gravy lightly sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds, served with corn and flour tortillas, rice, beans, sour cream and guacamole.  I was in heaven.

Impeccable service, some seriously awesome grub...what more could you want after a long week of work?

No comments:

Post a Comment