Sunday, June 24, 2012

Race Street Seafood Kitchen

When I seafood, I eat it!

Race Street Seafood Kitchen
247 Race Street
San Jose, CA
Race Street Seafood Kitchen on Urbanspoon

I loved the charm of this place.  Half market and half restaurant, it was really fun to browse the fresh fish counter while waiting for my order.  It was also fun salivating over everyone else's orders, as usual.

I pretty much wanted to order one of everything on the menu.  But in the interest of looking at least somewhat ladylike, I settled for the giant Grilled Ahi Sandwich.

Ahi grilled to perfection arrived on grilled bread (!) with shredded lettuce. I forgot to add tartar sauce, but honestly, it didn't need it (neither did my hips, although I did sneak a couple bites of delicious cole slaw).  My dining partner's shrimp and chips looked equally amazing.

Everything's made to order behind a glass barrier, which is especially fun to watch when they fling giant planks of pescado towards you.  Did I mention all of their grilled items can be made into a sandwich at no additional charge?  Clearly, I need to move closer to this place.